Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Singing Bridge



This is the "Singing Bridge" in Frankfort, KY.

Thanksgiving 2008 was wonderful. It was a little different for me this year, as it was the first time I didn't spend the holiday with my own family. Instead, I spent it with my boyfriend's family in Kentucky. I met new friends, and was kindly welcomed into his family. I have many things to be thankful for.

My boyfriend's mother is so sweet and welcoming. Upon our arrival, we had gift baskets in our rooms. She enclosed a heartfelt note titled "Things to Be Thankful for." Just a little something to put things in perspective.

Things to Be Thankful for - by Ann Landers:

Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have enough to eat.

Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you have been surrounded by friends.

Be thankful for the taxes you pay, because it means you're employed.

Be thankful that your lawn needs mowing and your windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.

Be thankful for your heating bill, because it means you are warm.

Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.

Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means you can walk.

Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it means you can hear.

Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.

Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means you're alive.

Just a little something for perspective, and to remind you of all of the many blessings in your life. I am so thankful for my family, friends, new friends and the singing bridge in KY. Thanksgiving 2008 will always hold a special place in my memory box.

No comments: